1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Book *The Mathematics of Relativity for the Rest of Us*

1. Mar 20, 2009 #1
    Hi. I am someone who would like to begin to understand the mathematics behind physics. I have forgotten much of the math that I was taught in high-school, not that I paid much attention at the time, unfortunately. I ran across the book The Mathematics of Relativity for the Rest of Us which looks great, but scrolling down, I found that apparently the second paragraph on page 5 contains erroneous information. I was wondering if anyone here has read the book, and whether or not this is just a mistake or is the text full of errors? Also, what you may have thought of the text for someone that is basically a sixth-grader when it comes to math, and I am afraid I am not exaggerating by too much.

I would prefer to learn the math in an applied manner, as solving a bunch of equations with no visible real world applications is one of the reasons I didn't pay much attention in high school. Not that the payoff isn't worth it; I'm just afraid I will not be able to stay motivated.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2009 #2
    Sorry I posted this in the wrong area. Guess I missed the book forum.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook