Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The bugs of Physics Forums android app. Anyone?

1. Mar 26, 2013 #1
    I installed this program on my android but I can't:

- Attach images (which is pretty anoying)
    - In the homework section, qhen I try to create a new topic, the three usual subjects don't appear.

DO you know how to solve this bugs or I am just not using the program correctly?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 26, 2013 #2
    There are currently some limitations. We'll announce new features when they are released.

4. Mar 26, 2013 #3
    Tapatalk is great why does every forum want to reinvent the wheel? If I download an app for every forum I was on...

5. Mar 26, 2013 #4
    Tapatalk is not free for one thing. There is some level of customization I can do. But I get your point.

6. Mar 26, 2013 #5
    $2.99 for Android. I can't imagine trying to use my phone browser or a different app for every forum.

7. Mar 26, 2013 #6
    Maybe only ones you really use daily.

8. Mar 26, 2013 #7
    It would be nice if tapatalk would recognize the equations.

9. Mar 26, 2013 #8
    I've submitted the request, but it's unlikely.

10. Mar 26, 2013 #9
    I just seconded that request :)

11. Mar 27, 2013 #10

collinsmark

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

When Taptalk is open (on a post containing equations), click on the Android menu, then "More" (touchscreen), then "WebView" (also touchscreen). At that point the post will open up in the browser. If you're Android browser supports it (most do as far as I can tell), you can see the equations.

Yeah, it would be nice if the MathJax/LaTeX came up natively in Taptalk. I'm just saying that it possible to see the LaTeX using this workaround.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  12. Mar 27, 2013 #11
    Sweet! Nice workaround.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook