The bugs of Physics Forums android app. Anyone?

• Thread starter tsuwal
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses limitations of a program installed on an android device. These limitations include the inability to attach images and the absence of usual subjects in the homework section. The conversation also mentions the cost of the program and a workaround for viewing equations. Overall, there are currently no solutions for these issues but new features may be announced in the future.
tsuwal
I installed this program on my android but I can't:

- Attach images (which is pretty anoying)
- In the homework section, qhen I try to create a new topic, the three usual subjects don't appear.

DO you know how to solve this bugs or I am just not using the program correctly?

Physics news on Phys.org
tsuwal said:
I installed this program on my android but I can't:

- Attach images (which is pretty anoying)
- In the homework section, qhen I try to create a new topic, the three usual subjects don't appear.

DO you know how to solve this bugs or I am just not using the program correctly?

There are currently some limitations. We'll announce new features when they are released.

Tapatalk is great why does every forum want to reinvent the wheel? If I download an app for every forum I was on...

p1l0t said:
Tapatalk is great why does every forum want to reinvent the wheel? If I download an app for every forum I was on...

Tapatalk is not free for one thing. There is some level of customization I can do. But I get your point.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Tapatalk is not free for one thing. There is some level of customization I can do. But I get your point.

$2.99 for Android. I can't imagine trying to use my phone browser or a different app for every forum.

p1l0t said:
$2.99 for Android. I can't imagine trying to use my phone browser or a different app for every forum.

Maybe only ones you really use daily.

It would be nice if tapatalk would recognize the equations.

p1l0t said:
It would be nice if tapatalk would recognize the equations.

I've submitted the request, but it's unlikely.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I've submitted the request, but it's unlikely.

I just seconded that request :)

When Taptalk is open (on a post containing equations), click on the Android menu, then "More" (touchscreen), then "WebView" (also touchscreen). At that point the post will open up in the browser. If you're Android browser supports it (most do as far as I can tell), you can see the equations.

Yeah, it would be nice if the MathJax/LaTeX came up natively in Taptalk. I'm just saying that it possible to see the LaTeX using this workaround.

Last edited:
collinsmark said:
When Taptalk is open (on a post containing equations), click on the Android menu, then "More" (touchscreen), then "WebView" (also touchscreen). At that point the post will open up in the browser. If you're Android browser supports it (most do as far as I can tell), you can see the equations.

Yeah, it would be nice if the MathJax/LaTeX came up natively in Taptalk. I'm just saying that it possible to see the LaTeX using this workaround.

Sweet! Nice workaround.

1. What is the purpose of the "bugs" feature in the Physics Forums android app?

The "bugs" feature in the Physics Forums android app allows users to report any technical issues or errors they encounter while using the app. This helps the app developers to identify and fix any bugs, improving the overall user experience.

2. How do I report a bug in the Physics Forums android app?

To report a bug, simply click on the "bugs" icon located at the top right corner of the app's home screen. This will open a form where you can provide details about the bug, such as the steps to reproduce it and the device you are using. Once submitted, the app developers will receive the report and work on fixing the issue.

3. Can I track the status of my bug report?

Yes, you can track the status of your bug report by clicking on the "My Reports" tab in the "bugs" section of the app. This will show you a list of all the bugs you have reported and their current status, whether they are being investigated, fixed, or resolved.

4. How long does it take for a reported bug to be fixed?

The time it takes for a bug to be fixed depends on the complexity of the issue and the availability of the app developers. Some bugs may be resolved quickly, while others may take longer to fix. However, the app developers are constantly working to improve the app and fix reported bugs as soon as possible.

5. Is there a way to prevent bugs from occurring in the Physics Forums android app?

The app developers regularly release updates and bug fixes to improve the app's performance and prevent any issues from occurring. It is recommended to regularly update the app to the latest version to avoid any bugs. Additionally, if you encounter any bugs, you can report them using the "bugs" feature to help prevent them from occurring in the future.