The Dangers of Smoking Cigarettes

  • Thread starter Thread starter tumor
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
133 replies · 14K views
I have been brainwashed in school and home not to smoke, they always say it makes you act crazy like this -> http://www.cafe18.uni.cc/images/smilies/tease.gif
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ever noticed the deep wrinkles around the mouth of a long time smoker?
 
Monique said:
Ever noticed the deep wrinkles around the mouth of a long time smoker?


I'm 38 and I smoke 25 years, no wrinlkes whatsoever (only yellow index/middle fingers from holding cigarettes ).Oh yeah! and kinda yellow teeth too :)
 
I remember one friend of mine that when spat expulsed a mixture of mucus and blood. It was a consequence of his strong addition to tobacco. This was one of the reasons that I quit smoking
 
Sure smoking is no good for health (as many other things in live) but this adolescent attitude of antismokers is laughable.
Some of the antismokers (very small part of them, mostly lawyers ) are just there for the money,the rest of them have nothing else going on in their lives so the jump on anti "everything" bandwagon.
 
spender said:
Sure smoking is no good for health (as many other things in live) but this adolescent attitude of antismokers is laughable.
Some of the antismokers (very small part of them, mostly lawyers ) are just there for the money,the rest of them have nothing else going on in their lives so the jump on anti "everything" bandwagon.

Most of them just don't like the smell, or the smoke, or when they get burnt by a pissed up bellend who forgets he's smoking!
 
spender said:
but this adolescent attitude of antismokers is laughable.
If someone doesn't shower for a month, would you like to stand next to them? It is someone's own right or bussiness to not shower, but there is a limit to what is socially acceptable.
 
I'm in a Computer Programming course at college.

Bong 101 and Gaming are part of the required curriculum to pass ;)

I smoke copious amounts of marijuana, a few cigars and even a cig or two (not often). I don't throw it around in anyones face just as I'd expect them not to wear overpowering cologne, use anything but a push reel mower and drive, rather, ride only a bicycle ;)
 
Last edited:
singleton said:
I'm in a Computer Programming course at college.

Bong 101 and Gaming are part of the required curriculum to pass ;)

I smoke copious amounts of marijuana, a few cigars and even a cig or two (not often).


Marijuana ?? Mmmmmmm :-p :-p .Where do you live Man ?
 
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=9&u=/ap/20050307/ap_on_fe_st/smelly_readers
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is an old thread, but I saw this quote and thought it would be appropriate:

"A smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a pool"
- Dave Broadfoot
 
Yeah I got to say I don't smoke either.
I think there are more enjoyable things than breathing in smoke.
I don't really drink that much. I never get to the stage where I'm drunk that is, I just drink the amount that would keep me under the legal limit if I was driving.
Haha It's funny how I've actaully lost a few friends because I don't get pissed anymore or have never smoked weed with them.
They find it hard to believe that you can enjoy yourself and put up with them unless you're drunk or stoned.
The fact about the wrinkles above the lips is actually true.
You will see them eventually if you keep smoking for long enough.
 
Last edited:
I'm not for smoking, but what really pisses me off are those antismokers who hate anyone who's ever touched a cigarette.(fags)