anuttarasammyak said:
Chapter 22 of my Panofsky-Phillips second edition is "Radiation, scattering and dispersion" which seems not our topics. What is the chapter title of your book ?
Referring to these books, what is your own conjecture in OP setting for which you have posed only questions ?
My book was translated into Russian in 1963. It is possible that the chapter numbers do not match the original. In my book, chapter 22 is called "The covariant form of field equations for material media and conservation laws." This chapter describes how the electrical polarization of a circuit with an electric current occurs, which is detected by a moving observer.
This chapter also discusses the extent to which the results obtained for rectilinear motion are applicable to rotation.
The chapter titled "Radiation, Scattering, and Dispersion" in my book has the number 21.
As I understand it, according to the rules of the forum, I can only ask questions. If I state my own understanding, it may be a violation. Therefore, at the end of the text, I write the phrase: "Is this true?"
Based on literary sources, I came to the following conclusion. When the external circuit moves relative to the disk, an electric current must flow in the system. That is, the answer to the first question of the topic is in the affirmative. On the second question of the topic, about what forces will act on the external circuit in this case, I do not yet have an accurate understanding. Just speculation. Therefore, I wanted to address these issues on the forum and understand: 1) am I drawing the right conclusions on the first question; 2) get opinions on the second question.