The Fill Factor of the Silicon Photocell

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZaZu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Silicon
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
ZaZu
Messages
36
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I have to find the value of the Fill Factor of the silicon photocell.
I graph for current, voltage and power.

I got this as a value 1.6x10-2

Is this the correct answer ?
I just need the real value so I can compare it with my results ..

Homework Equations



Pmax/Po

The Attempt at a Solution



Pmax/Po = (9.5x〖10〗^3µW)/(5.7x〖10〗^5µW) = 1.6x10-2
I have to submit the lab report tomorrow .. Please help me =[
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The fill factor is "ratio of photodetector area to total area of the circuitry".
You have given no information on these areas, so no answer can be computed.
 
Umm ... I followed what the lab manual told me ...

" Calculate the fill factor, defined as the ratio Pmax/Po. Find the position of the point where the power is maximum on the i-V characteristic and draw a line to it from the origin. This is called a load line. "

:S