Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Korowai people and NASA's robotic car

1. Apr 14, 2016 #1
    How diverse are we on this planet?
    A couple of photos of the Korowai people from the southwest Indonesian province of Papua. The Korowai people live in trees which I read wards off annoying neighbours and evil spirits.
    SedNNu4.jpg

4yL3La1.jpg

In another part of the planet the NASA tribe is hard at work driving their robotic cars around on Mars.
    Pw1YwsS.jpg
    nHMnh7W.jpg

I on the other hand, live in a place called Florida.
    X1ZD7R2.jpg

I find it very hard to imagine the view through the eyes of the people of NASA and equally hard to imagine the view through the eyes of the Korowai. I find it even stranger that we all live on the same planet at the same time.

What would one serve for lunch for this diverse group? I guess the NASA tribe could be up for trying some local bush meat and the Korowai may order up "leg of engineer"...lol

All joking aside, am I the only one who finds this a strange world to live in?

Cheers,

Billy

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2016 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I have no idea what your question is and why it would be worthy of a thread. Closed. If you have some astounding insight on why this should be a thread feel free to PM me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook