The late Prof Sir Tom Kibble awarded Isaac Newton medal

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Jonathan Scott
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Newton sir
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Jonathan Scott
Gold Member
Messages
2,358
Reaction score
1,274
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-36675894
Prof Sir Tom Kibble has been posthumously awarded the highest UK honour for physics.

Prof Kibble has been awarded The Isaac Newton Medal by the Institute of Physics for his outstanding lifelong commitment to the field.

He is noted for his work in the development of theories about the Higgs boson.

On a personal note, he was very kind and encouraging when I spoke to him about some of my unconventional ideas about physics when I was a student (on the Computing Science course) at Imperial College in the 1970s.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mister mishka
Physics news on Phys.org
I didn't know much about him until I saw this video, seems like he came close to winning the Nobel prize several times..

 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Jonathan Scott