The most efficient means of travel

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Means Travel
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 5K views
Andy said:
You tell me thumper.

I think a train would be the most efficient, due to the fact that it can transport many people over long distances quite cheaply.
Well then, you do the calculations of how many people, over how far, and how efficiently it accomplishes that task, of moving MANY people, but I seen to recall that the efficiency of travel that was questioned for, wasn't specific in it's search for quantity of persons travelling, just efficiency of the travellers mode of travel, 'a La Mode' if you wish :shy:

As for "Thumper" just remove the t and it is a little more approriate :smile: :smile: :smile: :eek: :biggrin: :wink: :wink:
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Pengwuino said:
I'll deal with you later gale


ya, right...

and am i the only one who can't believe huckleberry mentioned BT? i think we've heard enough about the efficiency of bicycles to last a life time...
 
Gale said:
ya, right...

and am i the only one who can't believe huckleberry mentioned BT? i think we've heard enough about the efficiency of bicycles to last a life time...

Except maybe the idea that Walking is the most efficient means of travel, sans Machine.
 
I should have noted that I wanted to determine per person statistics. For example, if you found out how much energy it took to fly an A380, you'd divide by how many people it can actually hold.

I'm also skeptical about walking. Everyone cna bike far more then they can walk so it makes me think that biking is more efficient. I also remember someone saying we can produce 100W of mechanical energy which means people probably need to be fed 150W-200W to keep up and keep all your organs worken.
 
Sans Regret

Pengwuino said:
I should have noted that I wanted to determine per person statistics. For example, if you found out how much energy it took to fly an A380, you'd divide by how many people it can actually hold.
So then a Ship at sea would be most efficient, preferably a Sailing ship.
Pengwuino said:
I'm also skeptical about walking. Everyone cna bike far more then they can walk so it makes me think that biking is more efficient. I also remember someone saying we can produce 100W of mechanical energy which means people probably need to be fed 150W-200W to keep up and keep all your organs worken.
Should I be sorry for putting it in French? the "Sans Machine" thing, as apparently you didn't know that 'Sans' means "Without", as in NO {without} Machine-mechanized assitance.

That was 'why' = walking.