The probability of an electric car charging station being available

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
bradyj7
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I'm just wondering if anybody would know of a way of determining the probability of an event.

I trying to figure out how I could calculate the probability of a charging station for an electric car being available when a person arrives at their destination.

I have the travel data for cars in terms of the number of journeys, journey start and end times and dates etc.

Say there is 50,000 charging stations in a country also.

Is there anyway of working out a rough estimate of this?

Thank you

John
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Sure you could say you want the probably that you will be in one mile of one and they are eventually distributed across the Continental United States there are 3,119,884.69 square miles and there are 39300 square miles that are within 1 mile of a charging station so the probability of a charging station being within 1 mile is 0.0125966%