The single strut in wind tunnel test

• Thread starter suwinhua
  • Start date
I will do research on the vertical single strut. i want to ask if there is something interesting to study?

Answers and Replies

What exactly do you mean by "the vertical strut"? Are you talking about a pole sticking out of the wind tunnel floor? It certainly doesn't sound very interesting. If you want to do research it might be better if you have some ideas of your own and then we can help you improve the idea or give suggestions about how to carry out the research.

1.i wanna use the engineering method to evaluate the support interference value. i think the sigularity method may be valid, but i don't know how to simulate and decompose the support effect.
2.when i do the two step mirrior method to measure the support interference , the mirror and the main support are not symmetrical and same in configuration. how to explan it .
3. there is a preset angle of the single strut, how to choose the angle in accordance with the model to minimize the strut interference.

also i want to ask the wall presure signature methods. which one is more credible.