Theorem mathematic for relativity

In summary, this man is trying to prove a theorem in mathematics, and he has run into a problem. He recommends that someone else look into a book on differential geometry to help him out.
nulliusinverb
hello!:

my problem is about of a theorem mathematic,as I prove the following theorem?

F(x)=F(a) + [itex]\sum^{n}_{i=1}[/itex](x[itex]^{i}[/itex]-a[itex]^{i}[/itex])H[itex]_{i}[/itex](x)

good first start with the fundamental theorem of calculus: (for proof):

F(x) - F(a) = [itex]\int^{x}_{a}[/itex]F'(s)ds sustitution: s=t(x - a) + a [itex]\Rightarrow[/itex] [a,x] to [0,1] then:
ds=dt(x - a) later:
f(x) - F(a)= (x - a)[itex]\int^{1}_{0}[/itex]F'(t(x - a) +a)dt

okk my problem is how to get to the sum [itex]\sum[/itex]?

is physics relativistic forum, because of this theorem I can get to the change of coordinates in the Einstein equations and find bases for the manifolds of space-time. thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_series

Your representation is a modification of the standard Taylor series representation, where Hi(a) (not Hi(x)) is related to the ith derivative of F.

Furthermore the term in parenthesis should be (x-a)i not xi - ai

mathman said:
Furthermore the term in parenthesis should be (x-a)i not xi - ai
I know it's not clear from what he said, but he has a different theorem in mind. Wald's statement of the theorem goes like this:
If ##F:\mathbb R^n\to\mathbb R## is ##C^\infty##, then for each ##a=(a^1,\dots,a^n)\in\mathbb R^n## there exist ##C^\infty## functions ##H_\mu## such that for all ##x\in\mathbb R^n## we have
$$F(x)=F(a)+\sum_{\mu=1}^n(x^\mu-a^\mu)H_\mu(x).$$ Furthermore, we have
$$H_\mu(a)=\frac{\partial F}{\partial x^\mu}\bigg|_{x=a}.$$​
A similar theorem is stated and proved in Isham's book on differential geometry, page 82. So nulliusinverb, I suggest you take a look at that.

Fredrick thank you very much, the book is recommended to study this issue, although the theorem is raised from other values ​​is the same. thank!

ps: "Modern Differential Geometry for Physicists" autor: Isham

Notation is a major problem here. xi usually means the ith power of x. For this theorem it means the ith component of a vector x ε Rn.

I suggest that, when anyone asks a question, make sure the notation is clear!

i apologize for the delay, here is the proof:

F:ℝ[itex]^{n}[/itex][itex]\rightarrow[/itex]ℝ

i have:

F([itex]\vec{x}[/itex])-F([itex]\vec{a}[/itex])= [itex]\sum[/itex][itex]^{m}_{μ=1}[/itex]F(t(x[itex]^{μ}[/itex]-a[itex]^{μ}[/itex])+a[itex]^{μ}[/itex],0...,0)[itex]^{t=1}_{t=0}[/itex]
then:
=[itex]\sum[/itex][itex]^{m}_{μ=1}[/itex](x[itex]^{μ}[/itex]-a[itex]^{μ}[/itex])[itex]\int[/itex][itex]^{1}_{0}[/itex][itex]\frac{\partial F}{\partial u^{μ}}[/itex]((t(x[itex]^{μ}[/itex]-a[itex]^{μ}[/itex])+a[itex]^{μ}[/itex],0...,0)dt
where:

H[itex]_{μ}[/itex]([itex]\vec{x}[/itex])=[itex]\int[/itex][itex]^{1}_{0}[/itex][itex]\frac{\partial F(\vec{x})}{\partial u^{μ}}[/itex]dt

finally:

F([itex]\vec{x}[/itex])-F([itex]\vec{a}[/itex])= [itex]\sum[/itex][itex]^{m}_{μ=1}[/itex]H[itex]_{μ}[/itex]([itex]\vec{x}[/itex])(x[itex]^{μ}[/itex]-a[itex]^{μ}[/itex])

qed

thanks you very much to all!

1. What is the theorem of mathematics for relativity?

The theorem of mathematics for relativity is a fundamental principle in physics that describes the relationship between space and time. It is based on the concept of relativity, which states that the laws of physics are the same for all observers in uniform motion.

2. Who developed the theorem of mathematics for relativity?

The theorem of mathematics for relativity was developed by Albert Einstein in his theory of special relativity in 1905. He later expanded on this with his theory of general relativity in 1915.

3. What is the significance of the theorem of mathematics for relativity?

The theorem of mathematics for relativity has revolutionized our understanding of the universe and has had a profound impact on modern physics. It has led to new insights and discoveries, such as the concept of space-time and the prediction of gravitational waves.

4. How is the theorem of mathematics for relativity applied in real life?

The theorem of mathematics for relativity is applied in various fields, including astrophysics, cosmology, and engineering. It has practical applications in GPS technology, where it is used to correct for the time dilation effects caused by the satellites' high speeds.

5. Are there any limitations or criticisms of the theorem of mathematics for relativity?

While the theorem of mathematics for relativity has been extensively tested and verified, there are still some open questions and areas of debate, such as the reconciliation of general relativity with quantum mechanics. Some scientists also criticize the lack of experimental evidence for certain aspects of the theory.