Theory of Elementary Waves (TEW)

In summary, the conversation discusses a paper by Lewis Little called "Theory of Elementary Waves (TEW)" which claims to explain various concepts in quantum mechanics and general relativity. The person asking the question has limited knowledge in these fields and is seeking input from experts. They provide a link to the paper and website promoting the theory. However, it is noted that this type of discussion is not allowed on the forum and the thread is locked.
Burnsys
Hi, i was reading a paper about finance and stock markets and i found a reference to Lewis Little's: Theory of Elementary Waves (TEW).

I have olny basic knowledge about QM so i can't say if this guy i right or no so i am asking the experts.

He says with his theroy he can succesfuly explain:

-EPR paradox in a local manner
-the Schroedinger cat paradox
-quantum measurement
-a deterministic explanation for the uncertainly principle
-the general theory of relativity
-etc

Link: http://physics.prodos.org/ [Broken]
Paper: http://www.yankee.us.com/TEW/TEW96paper.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This amounts to an advertisement for a private theory. Go back and review the guidelines you agreed to: we don't do that kind of thing at PF. We have the Indpendent Research forum for thos who wan to defend their theories rationally.

I am locking this thread.

I am always interested in exploring new theories and ideas in various fields, including finance and stock markets. However, it is important to critically evaluate any claims made by a theory and examine the evidence supporting it.

The Theory of Elementary Waves (TEW) proposed by Lewis Little is an interesting concept that attempts to explain various phenomena in quantum mechanics and general relativity. However, as you mentioned, you only have basic knowledge in quantum mechanics, and I would suggest seeking the opinion of experts in the field before drawing any conclusions.

In science, theories are constantly evolving and being tested through experiments and observations. It is important to approach any new theory with an open mind, but also with a critical eye. The TEW theory may offer some potential explanations for the EPR paradox, the Schrödinger cat paradox, and other phenomena, but it is essential to thoroughly evaluate the evidence and compare it to other established theories.

I would recommend reading more about the TEW theory and discussing it with experts in the field to gain a better understanding of its validity and potential contributions to the scientific community.

1. What is the Theory of Elementary Waves (TEW)?

The Theory of Elementary Waves, also known as TEW, is a scientific theory that attempts to explain the behavior of subatomic particles, such as electrons and photons, as being made up of a wave-like structure. It proposes that matter and energy exist as elementary waves, rather than particles, and that these waves interact with each other to create the observable properties of matter and energy.

2. How does TEW differ from other theories of matter and energy?

TEW differs from other theories, such as the particle theory, in that it views matter and energy as being composed of waves rather than particles. It also differs from other wave theories, like the wave-particle duality theory, in that it proposes that waves are the fundamental, indivisible units of matter and energy.

3. What evidence supports the Theory of Elementary Waves?

There have been several experiments and observations that support the Theory of Elementary Waves. One of the main pieces of evidence is the double-slit experiment, which showed that particles, such as electrons, behave like waves when they are not being observed. This aligns with TEW's view that particles are actually waves in their natural state.

4. Can TEW be applied to larger systems, such as atoms and molecules?

Yes, TEW can be applied to larger systems. In fact, the theory suggests that all matter and energy, regardless of size, is composed of elementary waves. However, the behavior of these waves may be more complex in larger systems, as they interact with each other and with the environment.

5. What are some potential implications of the Theory of Elementary Waves?

If TEW is proven to be true, it could have significant implications for our understanding of the universe and the laws of physics. It may also lead to advancements in technology, as we could potentially harness and manipulate elementary waves to create new materials and energy sources. However, further research and experimentation is needed to fully understand the implications of this theory.