Thermodynamics involving rods and heat transfer with conduction

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
goodiegrady
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
ok...Two identical rectangular rods of metal are welded end to end (hot dog to hot dog) with a temperature of 0 celsius on the left side and a temperature of 100 celsius on the right side. in 2 min 10 joules is conducted at a constant rate from the right side to the left side. How much time would be required to conduct 10 J if the rods were welded side to side {hamburger to hamburger}.

NO lengths mentioned which is what I am stuck on. I can get to 10*A/L=T2L/A through Q/T. K would cancel so would Q. not sure what to do with length and area as these are kind of important but not listed any ideas??
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What is the basic equation you are using here? I don't see how you got to "10*A/L=T2L/A". It may be right, I just don't see how you got there.