What Songs Evoke Memories of People for You?

• Thread starter honestrosewater
  • Start date
In summary: Danger (I can only imagine the pain of this song)I Shall Be Released - Gale17 (one time I sang this at a funeral and the deceased's son started to cry)Just Like a Woman - Evo (I feel like this song is about my ex-girlfriend)Maggie's Farm - Smurf (the aggression is pretty clear in this song - I wonder if he ever hits someone)Man of Mine - Greg (this song always makes me think of my cats)Milkcow Blues Boogie - Lisa! :) (love this song!)Masters of War - SelfAdjoint (I don't know about this one)Mr. Tambourine Man - the
loseyourname said:
That is a situation that must be rectified, and shortly
Is there anyone album I should start with? BTW, I have heard Blowin' in the Wind - and probably some others that I just don't recognize by their titles.
I thought it was about analagous to what a man would experience if he were honestly in love with you. Only instead of having to wait out the courtships of men only superficially lusting after you, he would have to wait out whatever is keeping you occupied and away from men at the moment. Can't get it perfect, right? But close enough.
Yes, that sounds appropriate. The right person wouldn't have to wait completely, just not interfere. Well, that sounds colder than I mean it to be.
I thought of a few songs for you, but they didn't quite work. And I wanted a good reason in case you challenged my selection. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Lisa! said:
My energy level? :bugeye:
Yes, very high.

honestrosewater said:
Yes, very high.
Oh yeah, crazy people have a high level of energy! :wink: But there's something I have no idea about that. :confused: :biggrin:

1. You think I have a high level of energy because you know I'm crazy! :rolleyes:
or
2. You think I'm crazy because I have a high level of energy! :approve:

:smile: :smile:

Lisa! said:
Oh yeah, crazy people have a high level of energy! :wink: But there's something I have no idea about that. :confused: :biggrin:

1. You think I have a high level of energy because you know I'm crazy! :rolleyes:
or
2. You think I'm crazy because I have a high level of energy! :approve:

:smile: :smile:
I don't think you're crazy. Maybe a bit manic... :biggrin:

Would I wish that there was some reality in the Weather Girls' classic claim.. :cry:
For those not remembering that claim, click on song no. 1 on this link.
http://music.msn.com/artist/?artist=16075151

For an exotic voice-over by health-guru Governor Arnie, click on 7.
(There's a free 30-second sample to listen to on each "song")

Last edited:
'Impossible Love' reminds me of arildno.(Personally I've not listened to it!)

arildno said:
Would I wish that there was some reality in the Weather Girls' classic claim.. :cry:
Oh, yes, I LOVE that song! Nevermind Loverboy - It's Raining Men is definitely the song for you. :approve:

honestrosewater said:
Oh, yes, I LOVE that song! Nevermind Loverboy - It's Raining Men is definitely the song for you. :approve:
Did you listen to that ridiculous voice-over by Arnie? :smile:

arildno said:
Perhaps she did because of you! :smile: :smile:

I was going to post last night and say that my song for HonestRoseWater is Constant Craving by k.d. Lang. But then I logged off and went out to do some shopping. I was in the drug store and just as I was about to leave, that very song came on. :bugeye:

My choice for Wolram has to be the http://timcurry.lyrics-online.net/TheZucchiniSong.html by Tim Curry. Because it's very proper but also very naughty. :blushing:

For LoseYourName, it's got to be Horse With No Name, and for Ivan - Surfing with the Alien. Ticket to Ride reminds me of Gale and Dog and Butterfly reminds me of Hypatia. One Night in Bangkok reminds me of Chronos (he's a formidable chess player). I think She Blinded Me With Science works for quite a few women on this board! Evo gets I Need A Lover Who Won't Drive Me Crazy (after the win a date with Evo thread). :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
by MIH My choice for Wolram has to be the Zucchini Song by Tim Curry. Because it's very proper but also very naughty

if there were no ladies in the world i would be a o:) :biggrin:

arildno said:
No, it's not working for some reason, and I'm too tired to figure out why just now. I'm sure it's funny though. There are some hilarious prank calls by Arnie out there too.

I really like that Zucchini Song. I would see the movie, but Tim Curry in patent leather just scares me too much.

honestrosewater said:
No, it's not working for some reason, and I'm too tired to figure out why just now. I'm sure it's funny though. There are some hilarious prank calls by Arnie out there too.

I really like that Zucchini Song. I would see the movie, but Tim Curry in patent leather just scares me too much.

You mean there is a film called the zucchini :confused:

wolram said:
You mean there is a film called the zucchini :confused:
:biggrin: Yes, a film called the zucchini. No, it's from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, or so it said.

honestrosewater said:
:biggrin: Yes, a film called the zucchini. No, it's from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, or so it said.

I watched some of RHPS, but it was so weird, i couldn't make head nor tail of it.

Actually, The Zuchinni Song isn't from RHPS, it's from Tim Curry's guest appearance on Saturday Night Live.

wolram said:
I watched some of RHPS, but it was so weird, i couldn't make head nor tail of it.
You have to see it in a movie theater in order to understand its appeal. Or do fans still do that RHPS thing?

MIH said:
Actually, The Zuchinni Song isn't from RHPS, it's from Tim Curry's guest appearance on Saturday Night Live.
Whew, so I don't have to watch it after all. :smile:
BobG said:
You have to see it in a movie theater in order to understand its appeal. Or do fans still do that RHPS thing?
Yes, my sister did that a few years ago. They all dressed up too. Very scary (to see my little sister dressed like that).

Last edited:
by HRW, Yes, my sister did that a few years ago. They all dressed up too. Very scary.

Could i go dressed as robin hood?

BobG said:
I used to go every weekend. I think I've seen RHPS at least 25-30 times, but some of my friend's - good heavens - they'd seen it hundreds of times! :bugeye:

I am amazed movie theaters still put up with it - it's a huge mess when the show is over. Wet toast, rice, and toilet paper (Great Scott!) everywhere. Let me see, what else was there..? oh, yes decks of cards, and I've heard of some people throwing hotdogs and ketchup, but we never did that.

Here's a http://www.rockyhorror.com/proplist.html .

wolram said:
Could i go dressed as robin hood?
Er, :rolleyes: I wouldn't. You'd look stupid. You'd probably feel more comfortable wearing a vest, briefs, garters, fishnet stockings, and arm mitts. And be sure to let them know you're a virgin.

BobG said:
Er, :rolleyes: I wouldn't. You'd look stupid. You'd probably feel more comfortable wearing a vest, briefs, garters, fishnet stockings, and arm mitts. And be sure to let them know you're a virgin.

Thank you Bob, please excuse me from that garb, i feel ill.

honestrosewater said:
We Will Rock You - yomamma and YDOAPS (ah, angry youth...)
We Are The Champions - Greg, chroot, and the Super Mentors!
These are the same song. Seriously! But in a fitting way maybe the first group are the wannabe supermentors. (Or SuperMents are still keeping alive the flame of their youth.)

Last edited:
EnumaElish said:
These are the same song. Seriously! But in a fitting way maybe the first group are the wannabe supermentors. (Or SuperMents are still keeping alive the flame of their youth.)
What do mean they're the same song? :confused:

Innuendo - EnumaElish :-p

"Sweet home alabama" reminds me of skyhunter.

honestrosewater said:
What do mean they're the same song? :confused:
"We are the champions" is the same song as "We will rock you" (alternative title). Aren't they?
honestrosewater said:
Innuendo - EnumaElish :-p
May I ask why you find that song remindful of yours truly?

EnumaElish said:
"We are the champions" is the same song as "We will rock you" (alternative title). Aren't they?
Oh, nope, they're similar but not the same. Have a listen: . You may have heard a medley of them - they're often played together at sports competitions and such.
May I ask why you find that song remindful of yours truly?
I was just kidding. I thought you were insinuating that they made a few small changes to one and passed it off as a new song.

I have to say I'm not quite sure why Under Pressure reminds you of me.
It will take a bit but I'll see if I can make a list.

Ok... this was about the best I could do. There are a lot of people I just couldn't come up with anything for and some of these aren't very serious.

Smurf: I Want to Conquer the World by Bad Religion

Gale & MIH: The Math Song by Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

LoseYourName: Marked by Bad Religion

Patty: http://bad-religion-lyrics.wonderlyrics.com/Dont-Pray-on-Me.html

Ivan: Everything You KNow is Wrong by Weird Al :-p

Zoobie: http://the-rocky-horror-picture-show-lyrics.wonderlyrics.com/Science-Fiction-Double-Feature.html

Lisa!: You by Bad Religion And I don't mean the lyrics to be directed at you but coming from you. It's not perfect but close I think.

OldUnion & TRCSF: Modern Day Catastrophist by Bad Religion

Yomamma: Power Up by Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Danger: http://lyrics.duble.com/T/tomwaitslyrics/tomwaitsmrsiegallyrics.htm

Alexandra: Change of Ideas by Bad Religion

Rose: If Your Kisses Can't Hold the Man You Love by Rasputina I mean this in a mostly joking manner. I can't really think of a song that fits my impression of you very well.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Listening to it right now.. yeah! :cool:

Edit: Those lyrics are wrong in a few places. like; its "Corporates" not "Culprits", forgot "of" in one place, ect.

Last edited:
TheStatutoryApe said:
I have to say I'm not quite sure why Under Pressure reminds you of me.
It reminds me of your name. Do you know the song?

I'm adding SpaceTiger to the Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy list, though it doesn't remind of him in the same way it reminds me of arildno or marlon. :wink:

honestrosewater said:
It reminds me of your name. Do you know the song?
I can practically hear it in my head but I don't know it so I looked up the lyrics. I was wondering if maybe it was in regards to the extra letter that could be added into my s/n. But that's not me at all. o:) :rolleyes:

TheStatutoryApe said:
I can practically hear it in my head but I don't know it so I looked up the lyrics.
It has one of my favorite lines: These are the days it never rains but it pours. Well, the lyrics don't really give you the feel of the song.
I was wondering if maybe it was in regards to the extra letter that could be added into my s/n. But that's not me at all. o:) :rolleyes:
Heh, no. It reminds me of you in a good way. :smile:

New one (also Queen):

The Millionaire Waltz - zooby (the lyrics won't tell you much - you have to hear it)