Throttle body modeling and simulation

In summary, the conversation was about modeling a throttle body in Simulink and how to model the position of the gas pedal so that it can change the input voltage to the throttle body actuator and open the throttle. The person was also asking for help on how to convert the push force of the driver to the position of the gas pedal. The expert suggested using a 'sweep' variable over a range or looking up tutorials on variable sweeping in Simulink.
amare
I modeled a throttle body in Simulink. How do I model the position of the gas pedal so that if the position of the gas pedal changes the input voltage to the throttle body actuator will change and open the throttle? why should i give on the left side to get position of the gas pedal from the potentiometer sensor?

Attachments

• 1558185957404.png
    1558185957404.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 371
Engineering news on Phys.org
amare said:
I modeled a throttle body in Simulink.
Jeez, fella, stop SCREAMING

phinds said:
Jeez, fella, stop SCREAMING
I am sorry i do not understand ! am I screaming ?

amare said:
I am sorry i do not understand ! am I screaming ?
Yes. Using a HUGE font is screaming.

The signal you are asking about connects to the block "ANGLE TO VOLTAGE." Look at the documentation for that block and use what it says is expected for input.

Tom.G said:
The signal you are asking about connects to the block "ANGLE TO VOLTAGE." Look at the documentation for that block and use what it says is expected for input.
yes I understand that. my question was how do I model the gas pedal to be an input? that means the position change of the gas pedal by the press from the driver will be converted to angles and sent to the ECU. then the ECUwill sent a voltage equivalent to it to the throttle actuator. so to be specific I need how the push force of the driver to be changed to position of the gas pedal...

Ahh, OK.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Simulink, but there is probably a way of telling it to 'Sweep' a variable over a range. Their method may be a look-up table, or a signal generator, or a loop construct of some sort as in a 'For Loop.'

I found this page at the Simulink supplier (mathworks.com) that may help find the answer.
https://www.mathworks.com/search/si...ep&q2=&q3=&notq=&c[]=capabilities&c[]=answers
If that doesn't work try this.
https://www.google.com/search?&q=simulink+variable+sweep
Cheers,
Tom

Likes amare

1. What is a throttle body and why is it important in engine performance?

A throttle body is a component of a fuel-injected engine that controls the amount of air flowing into the engine. It is important because it directly affects the engine's power, fuel efficiency, and emissions. By regulating the air intake, the throttle body helps to maintain the proper air-fuel ratio for efficient combustion.

2. How does throttle body modeling and simulation work?

Throttle body modeling and simulation involves creating a computerized representation of the throttle body and its components. This model is then used to simulate and analyze the behavior of the throttle body under different operating conditions. The simulation can help engineers optimize the design and performance of the throttle body.

3. What are the benefits of using throttle body modeling and simulation?

Throttle body modeling and simulation can save time and resources in the design and development process. It allows for a more thorough analysis of the throttle body's performance, which can lead to improved efficiency and performance of the engine. It also allows for testing of different scenarios without physically building and testing each one.

4. How accurate are throttle body models and simulations?

The accuracy of throttle body models and simulations depends on the quality of the data and assumptions used to create the model. With accurate data and realistic assumptions, the simulation can provide a close representation of the real-world behavior of the throttle body. However, it is important to validate the simulation results with physical testing.

5. Can throttle body modeling and simulation be used for different types of engines?

Yes, throttle body modeling and simulation can be used for different types of engines as long as the model is specifically designed for that type of engine. Different engines may have different throttle body designs and operating conditions, so the model must be tailored to accurately represent the specific engine's behavior.