TI-89 Titanium Help (graphing quadratic functions)

In summary, the speaker is asking if there is a way to input values within a specific range into their calculator. They give an example of wanting to graph y=2x between x=-3 and x=3 and only display the graph within that range. The expert responds by suggesting using the WIND (window) option on a TI86 calculator to set the xMin and xMax values to -3 and 3 respectively. This will limit the displayed graph to the specified range.
Amaz1ng
Is there a way to input values within a certain range into my calculator? For example, if I come across something like this:

"Draw a curve of y=2x between the values x=+3 and x=-3. From the curve write down the following values:

etc, etc, etc"

How can I make it graphic w/in a certain range?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I can tell you how to do it on a TI86, which should be quite similar to the 89. Graph as normal, and then use the WIND(window) option to set xMin = -3 and xMax = 3. It will then only display the graph in that range.

What is the TI-89 Titanium?

The TI-89 Titanium is a graphing calculator designed for high school and college students to perform complex mathematical calculations and graphing functions.

How do I graph quadratic functions on the TI-89 Titanium?

To graph a quadratic function on the TI-89 Titanium, go to the "Y=" menu and enter the equation in the format of "y = ax^2 + bx + c". Press "GRAPH" to see the graph on the screen.

What are the advantages of using the TI-89 Titanium for graphing quadratic functions?

The TI-89 Titanium allows for quick and accurate graphing of quadratic functions, as well as the ability to save and analyze multiple graphs at once. It also has advanced features such as solving for roots and finding the vertex of the parabola.

Can I use the TI-89 Titanium to solve quadratic equations?

Yes, the TI-89 Titanium has a built-in quadratic equation solver that can be accessed through the "MATH" menu. Simply enter the coefficients of the equation and the calculator will give you the solutions.

Are there any tips for using the TI-89 Titanium for graphing quadratic functions?

One useful tip is to change the viewing window to see a larger portion of the graph. Additionally, you can use the trace feature to find specific points on the graph. It is also helpful to familiarize yourself with the various menus and functions available on the calculator.