Tips - physics video experiments

In summary, the expert suggests looking for university experiments on YouTube and Carmel Academy's website, and that they may be able to direct you to a few.
Oomph!
Hello.
In my bachelor thesis I make motivational video experiments in physics (for high schools).

I want to mention some already existing videos. I know videos from our country or channels from YouTube. However if I'm looking for some videos from Universities or professional organizations, it's a problem. I have some ideas, but I think you maybe know about something better.

Do you have any tip? Do you know any university that shoots physical experiments (understandable for high schools)? Or some article?

Thank you very much.

Science news on Phys.org
Not a university, but have you seen the experiments by Sir Lawrence Bragg at the Royal Institution? Most of them are at high school level.

The Royal Institution has done a large number of experiments over many years. Visit the Royal Institution and Ri Archives channels on YouTube. Especially the Tales from Prep Room series.

I believe google and youtube are your friends. You can perform a search with the university name and the topic of experiments, and if something exists publicly, Google should bring that up. Choose some university and begin searching.

In addition, pay a visit to the expriments section in PF media gallery. You might get good ideas.

Addendum: While searching in YouTube, I found this course. A number of experiments have been shown here. Do have a look.

Last edited:
Likes Oomph!
Oomph! said:
Hello.
In my bachelor thesis I make motivational video experiments in physics (for high schools).

I want to mention some already existing videos. I know videos from our country or channels from YouTube. However if I'm looking for some videos from Universities or professional organizations, it's a problem. I have some ideas, but I think you maybe know about something better.

Do you have any tip? Do you know any university that shoots physical experiments (understandable for high schools)? Or some article?

Thank you very much.

I have a number of them at my Carmel Academy website and YouTube channel, but they may violate PF policies to link directly in the forum due to faith-based content. Nice experiments though, and not too hard to edit out the faith-based parts if you find them objectionable. If you are interested, PM me and I will reply with a link. My video experiments are designed for high schools and also designed to be inexpensive to replicate. (Private faith-based schools and home schools have nowhere near the resources as most public schools in the US.)

Likes Oomph!

1. What is the purpose of "Tips - physics video experiments?"

The purpose of "Tips - physics video experiments" is to provide a visual and interactive way for students and learners of all ages to understand and apply various principles and concepts in physics. By watching and following along with the experiments, viewers can gain a deeper understanding of how these concepts work in real life.

2. How can "Tips - physics video experiments" be used in education?

"Tips - physics video experiments" can be used as a supplemental tool in education to reinforce and enhance classroom lessons. Teachers can use these videos to demonstrate the concepts being taught or assign them as homework for students to watch and reflect on. These experiments can also be used as a fun and engaging way for students to explore and learn about physics on their own.

3. Are the experiments in "Tips - physics video experiments" safe to replicate at home?

Most of the experiments featured in "Tips - physics video experiments" can be safely replicated at home with adult supervision. However, it is important to note that some experiments may involve potentially hazardous materials or equipment. It is always best to carefully read and follow the instructions provided in the video and use caution when conducting any experiment.

4. Can "Tips - physics video experiments" be used for all ages?

Yes, "Tips - physics video experiments" can be used for people of all ages. The experiments are designed to be easily understood and replicated, making them suitable for both children and adults. However, some experiments may require more advanced knowledge or skills, so it is important to choose experiments that are appropriate for the age and capabilities of the viewer.

5. Are there any specific materials or equipment needed to conduct the experiments in "Tips - physics video experiments"?

The materials and equipment needed for each experiment may vary. The video will typically provide a list of materials that are needed, and most of them can be found easily at home or in a school science lab. Some experiments may require specialized equipment, but alternative materials or simpler versions of the experiment can often be substituted.