Medical TMR for pain management. Anyone use?

1. Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

My wife has had a bad hamstring for soccer for over nearly a year. She even took a few months off with no help. Anyway, one of her soccer teammates is a nurse who works at a pain management center. She recommended my wife come in and try this TMR treatment. Apparently it just electrocutes your muscles into recovery lol. Anyway, the nurse friend claims she's helped over 3000 athletes. She's pretty nice and good friends, so no reason to doubt her.

Just curious if anyone has had it or knows anything about it.

I think this is the product
  2. jcsd
  3. berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Is that the same things as TENS devices?

If so, I have several friends who have gotten relief from pain of various kinds using TENS devices. I also have a friend who is a physical trainer, and she routinely uses TENS on her patients. The prices on the devices have come down a lot over the past few years.
  4. Greg Bernhardt

Looks similar. She has a treatment tomorrow. We'll find out how good it is! Thanks for the feedback.
  5. Monique

Monique 4,445
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi Greg, you can also check the literature. I've made a special selection: Pubmed, high impact journals
  6. berkeman

How did the treatment go?
  7. Greg Bernhardt

5 treatments in and it's marginal progress at best. Time to see a sports doctor.
  8. berkeman

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, a sports doc is the right way to go. I know a good one in NorCal, but that's of no help to you... :smile:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted