To waive or not to waive on FERPA

  • Topic: Admissions 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Biscuit
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
Biscuit
Messages
60
Reaction score
1
I'm applying to OSU but I'm not sure whether or not to waive or not to waive my right to view letters of recommendation on FERPA. I see arguments for both but no clear answer. Can anyone help me
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, the general rule is to waive them. Many LoR writers will not submit them if you don't.
 
Dishsoap said:
Yes, the general rule is to waive them. Many LoR writers will not submit them if you don't.
Is there any other reason aside from this? I'm pretty sure the teacher writing my letter doesn't care.
 
A letter that you see will have less weight than a letter you don't.