Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Toolbar capabilty in dialog window?

1. Mar 17, 2008 #1
    I've searched this sight but to no avail. I am wondering how can i implement printing capabilty in my MFC dialog window. I've tried creating a SDI with the CFormView Class, but there is no printing support that way. If I try to make a Dialog-Based Application the "Standard Toolbar" option cannot be selected. However, through a Dialog-Based App I can create a System Menu and insert a "Print" menu item. But how can you implement a toolbar in a Dialog window? I'm using VC++ 2005.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2008 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

4. Mar 17, 2008 #3
    I meant toolbars. I am going to have to print something from an edit control so I'm gonna need a print function. I want a system menu option, which I can figure out how to insert, and I want a toolbar, which I cannot figure out how to insert. I'll take a look at the link you provided. Thanx for your help!!!

5. Mar 17, 2008 #4

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

codeproject is a good source for working around all the features of MFC.
    You can of course always just add a print button to the dialog - theres no need for it to be a toolbar.

6. Mar 17, 2008 #5
    Great point! Thankx for the help and reference once again.

7. Mar 17, 2008 #6

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Honestly, you don't want to put a toolbar in a modal dialog anyway. It breaks all sorts of long-standing guidelines in effective human-computer interaction.

- Warren

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?