1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transfer out of a state University or Community College

1. Jun 9, 2014 #1
    Hello everybody!

I have a choice between an out of state university, which costs a lot, and a community college.

Either way I plan to transfer to the "best"(intellectually rigorous) school I can. (I want to be around primarily people who think so I am thinking a college like reed college, HMC, University of Chicago, etc)

What do you guys think.

EDIT : I might be able to apply as a freshman (and only go to a college for three years) if I go the CC route. I could be a non-degree seeking student. Also I am from the US.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 12, 2014 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I think your question couldn't be more vague. "I have a choice between one unnamed school and another unnamed school, and I am not going to tell you anything about my future plans. Pick one"

4. Jun 12, 2014 #3
    My bad. The state school is below the UCs, Michigan, and Maryland.
    The cc is one of the best in the country.

5. Jun 12, 2014 #4
    Oh wait and I plan to eventually get a phd in physics and hopefully become a professor.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook