Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transferring to a UC school from out of state.

1. Sep 26, 2011 #1
    Hello

I was wondering if anyone who knows about UC schools (especially Santa Barbara), could tell me what my chances are for transferring there.

-I am however out of state, I go to Hudson Valley Community College in New York.

-I have a 3.33 overall GPA and a 4.0 major GPA (Physics)

-I'm in Chem Club

-I've done some undergrad research at RPI (It was the summer I graduated High School, so I mainly just sat in on alot. Did some stuff though.)

-I've worked over the summer at Applied BioPhysics Inc. under Nobel Prize winner Ivar Giaever

-I plan to partake in an Ecology experiment going on in my school, helping with measurements and such.

I plan on getting a 4.0 this semster (my 3rd) but will the low GPA of my first year hurt my chances?

Also if it means anything, the reason I got a low GPA of 3.0 last semester was because of a slight concussion I got during a car accident. I know there's no excuse, but it really affected my will to do outside since i was always tired.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
    Adam G.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2011 #2
    *To do outside work*

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook