1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transferring to a UC school from out of state.

1. Sep 26, 2011 #1
    Hello

I was wondering if anyone who knows about UC schools (especially Santa Barbara), could tell me what my chances are for transferring there.

-I am however out of state, I go to Hudson Valley Community College in New York.

-I have a 3.33 overall GPA and a 4.0 major GPA (Physics)

-I'm in Chem Club

-I've done some undergrad research at RPI (It was the summer I graduated High School, so I mainly just sat in on alot. Did some stuff though.)

-I've worked over the summer at Applied BioPhysics Inc. under Nobel Prize winner Ivar Giaever

-I plan to partake in an Ecology experiment going on in my school, helping with measurements and such.

I plan on getting a 4.0 this semster (my 3rd) but will the low GPA of my first year hurt my chances?

Also if it means anything, the reason I got a low GPA of 3.0 last semester was because of a slight concussion I got during a car accident. I know there's no excuse, but it really affected my will to do outside since i was always tired.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
    Adam G.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2011 #2
    *To do outside work*

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook