1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Treating parallel electromagnets as current carrying wires.

1. May 3, 2006 #1
    Right i'm doing a piece of work that needs a simple question answering.

If you had two parallel electromagnets, between them a metal sheet that is being constantly vibrated with the electromagnets being used to dampen these vibrations, can you treat them as two current-carrying wires and use the equation* to determine the strength of the magnetic field?
    *[​IMG]

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2006 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Why don't you change your new PF sign-in handle and try asking the question again? You'll get treated a lot more seriously here with a reasonable handle.

4. May 4, 2006 #3
    daffodildo at birth, daffodildo at death.

Pffft, this is racism, just in a different form.

5. May 4, 2006 #4

berkeman

We have no control over our race, hence racism is bad. We *do* have control over what handle we choose, and maybe a little thought on your part will result in a more appropriate handle for a technical forum like PF. Daffodildo is probably a pretty catchy handle for chat rooms and such, but PF is about technical information sharing. It's up to you, but I'd recommend a change. Like I said, you'll probably get a fair amount more help and be taken more seriously with a more appropriate handle for this website. My two cents. -Mike-

6. May 4, 2006 #5

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Bit harsh isn't it mate? I mean if he wants a daft name, thats his choice :tongue2:

~H

7. May 4, 2006 #6

berkeman

Well, I guess you're right. And don't get me wrong, I have nothing against dildos. In the proper, er, hands, they can be a wonderful tool. :rolleyes: But they're just not what I generally have on my mind when I stop by the good old PF. Whatever. Fire away Daffod..., er, I mean ask away!

8. May 4, 2006 #7

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So many puns in there, I don't know where to start. :biggrin:

~H

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?