Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Trigerins a tablet power button inderectly by applying?

Tags:
  1. Jul 20, 2016 #1
    Im a pc guy for sure... I know none of the jargon, and quite frankly I fee dumb being around pros lol... here my dilema....

I have a Huawei tablet mediapad 7 youth.... some how my daughter groke the power button and depite the cheapness of this thing... ESPECIALLY obtaining the replacement peice whi Ive found as cheap as 2.25 from distributors in china... I live in Central America in other words that not an option.

webcam_toy_photo7.jpg
    I charges.... its alright just with out that power but which also has the volume controls as they tend to... Ive been trying o think outside the box.... So I question you veterans in tickering.... Is there a way to... alternatives "jump star" the effect that the poser button would have... its all chines to be but from what I understrand is that a small wave of current is what whats it go on and off? or am I just wrong? hopeless even? any refrences or point me outto the right derection would be appreciate, I do not with for any one to had out a freeby.... though if you were.... promise to send you some starbicks giftcards!!!! lol... bribes work sometime right? either way... Im ready to gte down and dirty with my new temp controlled soddering iron... though maybe I should get one of those old circuit boards for kids they used to sell at radio shack..... damn... I miss radio shak... OH and pci slot?? sory again Im pc guy and thats where my skill set though extensive.... ends and starts... 7 progns.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 20, 2016 #2

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi there
    welcome to PF :smile:

So, what about the switch module and cable that plugged into that socket ?
    show us a pic, it may be repairable

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2016
  4. Jul 20, 2016 #3
    sigh..... my maid threw it away... and and well... but check this out, I was able to turn it on by crossing coper wire where power button port I pointed out in the picture... now! the sceen is not resping and Im afraid I had to be the culpurate becase I unplugged it to attempt to clean it..... .... now Im looking up and android application that can flash with out having it to go to boot mode or w.e the term is..... lol I cant get a break

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted