Trying to figure out the size of a base to make

In summary, the speaker has built a life-size version of Han Solo In Carbonite, weighing 125 pounds with most of the weight towards the front. They have built a base out of oak and are attaching the statue to two 2x6's using metal brackets. The speaker has questions about the placement and width of the base to ensure the statue will not tip over. They also mention possibly adding another board for additional support. They are seeking assistance from someone who can provide engineering expertise and ensure the safety of the statue.
Gofarlow
I am hoping someone can assist a non engineering person figure something out and is probably the oddest question you will get. I have built a life size version of Han Solo In Carbonite (HIC). It is 80 inches tall and 32 inches wide at the base. It weighs about 125 pounds with most of the weight towards the front 5 inches since the box is hollow in the back.

I have built a base that is 2 inches thick 36 inches wide and 72 inches long out of oak so it is heavy. I have centered HIC in the middle of the board. HIC will attach to two 2x6's that are attached to metal 'L' brackets bolted to the base. The top 2x6 is 40 inches up and would attach to HIC at its center.

I will probably be adding another 3/4 inch oak board under the 'L' Bracket so I can the recess the bolts.

My questions:
1) Am I correct with center HIC to the base and not the bracket system?
2) Is my base wide enough at 36 inches so an 80 inch item will not tip forward?

Thank you to anyone who can assist.
Back of HIC
IMG_2644.jpg

What HIC looks like before finishing paint:
IMG_4410.jpg

Base and bracket system I am using to attach HIC to. He would attach in the center of the 2x6's attached to the bracket.
IMG_4538.jpg

-Gary

Engineering news on Phys.org
Gofarlow said:
2) Is my base wide enough at 36 inches so an 80 inch item will not tip forward?
That will depend on the horizontal force that might be applied to the statue and the distance between the centre of mass and the nearest edge of the attached support. Will there be strong winds, do you have earthquakes or might students climb on the statue?
Since, if you get it wrong, the statue could fall and injure someone, it is important that you get a local engineer to check the design of the base.

Likes berkeman

1. How do I determine the size of a base for a structure?

The size of a base for a structure can be determined by considering the weight and size of the structure, as well as the type of soil and local building codes. It is important to consult with a structural engineer or building professional for accurate calculations.

2. What factors should I consider when determining the size of a base?

The factors that should be considered when determining the size of a base include the weight and size of the structure, the type of soil and its bearing capacity, the climate and weather conditions, and any local building codes or regulations.

3. Can I use a standard size base for any structure?

No, the size of a base will vary depending on the specific structure and its load-bearing requirements. It is important to consult with a structural engineer or building professional for the appropriate size of base for your specific structure.

4. How do I calculate the size of a base for a DIY project?

If you are attempting a DIY project, it is important to consult with a structural engineer or building professional for accurate calculations. They will take into account the weight and size of your structure, the type of soil, and any other relevant factors to determine the appropriate size of the base.

5. Are there any online resources for determining the size of a base?

While there are some online calculators available, it is always best to consult with a structural engineer or building professional for accurate calculations. They will take into account all the necessary factors to determine the appropriate size of the base for your specific structure.