Turbojet -- I with an explanation about how a turbojet works

In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for help understanding how to work a turbojet and calculating its elements. They mention having read about it on Wikipedia but still have some uncertainties. They also share a link to the Wikipedia article for clarification.
Lugonja
Hi guys!
I need help about explanation how to work turbojet.
I have read about turbojet on Wikipedia and I know how to work
turbojet in base.But some things are unclear to me.
I would be thankful if someone explanation how to calculate
elements about turbojet.
Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx0MqOfev7dnS01DMmtqSmhoVmc/view

Likes rootone
Perhaps he gets confused by this gif...
Turboreacteur_anime.gif

I understood it perfectly for about 10 minutes and then realized it's not in English, then got confused :biggrin:, but seriously the pulsing at the back does seem hard to visualize if one is not familiar with some high level knowledge of compression and expansion.

Attachments

• Turboreacteur_anime.gif
    Turboreacteur_anime.gif
    201.9 KB · Views: 744

1. What is a turbojet engine?

A turbojet engine is a type of gas turbine engine that is commonly used in aircraft propulsion. It is known for its high speed and efficiency, making it a popular choice for commercial and military aircraft.

2. How does a turbojet engine work?

A turbojet engine works by taking in air through an inlet, compressing it with a compressor, mixing it with fuel in a combustion chamber, and then igniting the mixture to create a high-pressure gas. The gas then expands through a turbine, which powers the compressor and any other necessary components. The hot gases are then exhausted out of the engine, providing thrust that propels the aircraft forward.

3. What are the advantages of a turbojet engine?

Turbojet engines have several advantages, including high speed and efficiency, as well as a relatively simple design. They also have a high thrust-to-weight ratio, making them ideal for aircraft that require a lot of power.

4. How is a turbojet engine different from other types of jet engines?

A turbojet engine is different from other types of jet engines, such as turbofan engines, because it does not have a fan at the front of the engine. Instead, it relies solely on the compression and expansion of air through the engine to create thrust.

5. What are some common applications of turbojet engines?

Turbojet engines are commonly used in commercial and military aircraft, as well as in some smaller vehicles like missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles. They are also sometimes used to power electricity generators and pumps.