Ultrasound absorption by particles in water

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Radel
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi All,

I am in need to calculate the ultrasound (20MHz) absorption of particles (polystyrene of size 15 microns) in water. I tried to search in the internet, but couldn't find any simple analytical expressions. Can someone please help me !

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Radel...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Radel said:
Hi All,

I am in need to calculate the ultrasound (20MHz) absorption of particles (polystyrene of size 15 microns) in water. I tried to search in the internet, but couldn't find any simple analytical expressions. Can someone please help me !

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Radel...

Not sure that it has the information, but there is a Dover book on the basic topic: A. B. Bhatia, "Ultrasonic Absorption: An Introduction to the Theory of Sound Absorption and Dispersion in Gases, Liquids and Solids."
 
Quantum Defect said:
Not sure that it has the information, but there is a Dover book on the basic topic: A. B. Bhatia, "Ultrasonic Absorption: An Introduction to the Theory of Sound Absorption and Dispersion in Gases, Liquids and Solids."
Thank you for the info..I will check it out..