1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Unable to get into Java based intro course, might CLEP?

Tags:
  1. Sep 5, 2015 #1
    I spoke with my adviser about this he said "have you ever programmed in Java before? because you could CLEP out into the following course" I told him I have programmed very little in Java. Now my life was a bit shattered when I realized the wait-lists for this class were too much to get in. So now I am trying to find a strategy. I was thinking of taking his suggestion and trying to CLEP out come the start of next semester. But I'll need to study very hard I already know. I was even thinking of staying in the class I was suppose to be in and take notes. Could this be done? could I have gained enough knowledge through CLEP study-guides, online materials, and the class lecture notes to CLEP for next semester? how difficult are the CLEP exams for intro to Java?

Thank you

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 5, 2015 #2

CalcNerd

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Sep 5, 2015 #3
    Yes, I think that is what he was referring to the department exam, not a CLEP. I think the term CLEP is just used now to refer to testing out of a class.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook