Unable to View a Bunch of Websites

• Thread starter kyphysics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Websites
In summary, there have been reports of an "err_network_changed" message appearing when trying to access various websites. This could be due to a change in network settings, such as the IP address, and may be happening more frequently when visiting frequently accessed sites. The issue could be related to the ISP, as they may be undergoing network changes or experiencing issues in the area. Restarting the router and releasing/renewing the IP lease may provide a temporary solution. However, the problem could also be caused by a deteriorated cable connection outside the house, especially if there was a recent storm. Running a check could potentially help resolve the issue.
kyphysics
"a network change deteted err_network_changed"

Hey guys - been getting this message a lot when I'm going to a variety of sites (no rhyme or reason...just random sites and a lot of them).

Would anyone happen to know why that is? The site won't load and instead I'll get this message above.

I use Windows 10 with Chrome browser. I'll eventually be able to view these sites, but I frequently get this message (10x+ a day) with a bunch of places I surf. :(

Computer science news on Phys.org
Could be a problem w/ your ISP. You should ask them if other users are having that problem.

Googling the error suggests that Chrome has detected a change in one of the major settings for your network connection, like your IP address. You're seeing it on a bunch of places you visit regularly not because there's a problem with that site, but because the issue is happening regularly, so logically it'll happen more often when you are visiting sites you frequently go to.

Phinds might be right on the ISP - they could be making internal network changes, or could be having an issue in your area that is causing Chrome to see your network settings as having changed. It could also be a flaky connection if you have two networks you can see that you connect to - when the preferred connection drops, the other network would pick up and vice versa. Or, your ISP's router could be going on you.

For a quick fix, try restarting your router, then releasing and renewing your IP lease (or just restart your computer).

rkolter said:
Googling the error suggests that Chrome has detected a change in one of the major settings for your network connection, like your IP address. You're seeing it on a bunch of places you visit regularly not because there's a problem with that site, but because the issue is happening regularly, so logically it'll happen more often when you are visiting sites you frequently go to.

Phinds might be right on the ISP - they could be making internal network changes, or could be having an issue in your area that is causing Chrome to see your network settings as having changed. It could also be a flaky connection if you have two networks you can see that you connect to - when the preferred connection drops, the other network would pick up and vice versa. Or, your ISP's router could be going on you.

For a quick fix, try restarting your router, then releasing and renewing your IP lease (or just restart your computer).

Hey guys,

I've restarted my router, but am still having the same problems + my internet connection keeps dropping (this was also happening before I restarted the router too). So it was two problems:

1.) constant drop of internet connection
2.) the OP problem

Not sure what's up, but it's annoying. It won't reconnect to internet after it drops. ONLY restarting my computer will get a connection back up. But after I restart my computer, it'll drop again in anywhere from 3 minutes to a few hours later. My internet connection has been dropping constantly since we had a severe storm last week. I noticed this issue around the time of the storm about 7 days ago.

I use Time Warner cable internet and several years ago I started getting flaky connections and it turned out to be a deteriorated (due to weather) cable connection outside the house. They put in a new connector and all was well. That COULD be your problem.

Did you run this ? It works... sometimes.

Internet troubleshoot.JPG

1. Why am I unable to view some websites?

There could be a variety of reasons why you are unable to view certain websites. It could be due to a slow or unstable internet connection, a problem with your browser or computer settings, or the website itself may be experiencing technical difficulties.

2. How can I fix the issue of not being able to view certain websites?

If the issue is related to your internet connection, try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider. If it seems to be a problem with your browser or computer settings, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, updating your browser, or using a different browser. If the website is experiencing technical difficulties, you may just need to wait for the issue to be resolved on their end.

3. Are there any security or privacy settings that could be preventing me from viewing certain websites?

Yes, some security or privacy settings on your browser or computer may block certain websites from loading. Check your browser's security settings and make sure the website is not on a blocked or restricted list. You may also need to adjust your computer's firewall or antivirus settings.

4. Why am I able to view certain websites on my phone but not on my computer?

This could be due to compatibility issues with your computer's browser or settings. Try using a different browser or updating your current browser to see if that resolves the issue. It could also be a problem with your computer's internet connection or network settings.

5. What should I do if I am still unable to view certain websites after trying these solutions?

If none of the above solutions work, you may need to contact the website's technical support team for assistance. They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps or inform you of any known issues with the website. You could also try accessing the website from a different device or network to see if the issue is isolated to your computer.