Undetermined variable input for the ti89

In summary, an undetermined variable input is a variable in a mathematical equation or expression that has not been assigned a specific value. The ti89 graphing calculator can be used to solve for the value of an undetermined variable by using its built-in Solve function. It can solve for multiple undetermined variable inputs in a single equation and can handle various mathematical fields. However, if the equation is too complex or has multiple possible solutions, the ti89 may display an error message.
Yottavolt
I'm trying to create a function that will calculate any amount of resistors in parallel but I do not know how to allow an undetermined amount of arguements for input (rather than a fixed amount). Basically it would look like this pll(R1,R2,R3,Rn) where Rn would be anything from R2 to R1000 or whatever. The equation is 1/(1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 + 1/Rn).

Computer science news on Phys.org
Either use a list as an argument, or ask the user to input resistors in a loop

How do I use a list as an argument?

What is an "undetermined variable input"?

An undetermined variable input refers to a variable that has not been assigned a specific value in a mathematical equation or expression. It is often represented by a letter, such as x or y, and its value is unknown until it is solved for.

How can I use the ti89 to solve for an undetermined variable input?

The ti89 is a graphing calculator that has a built-in Solve function, which allows you to input an equation with an undetermined variable and solve for its value. Simply enter the equation, press the Solve button, and the calculator will give you the solution.

Can I use the ti89 to solve for multiple undetermined variable inputs?

Yes, the ti89 can solve for multiple undetermined variable inputs in a single equation. You will need to input the equation with all the variables, and then use the Solve function to find the values for each variable.

What happens if the ti89 cannot solve for an undetermined variable input?

If the ti89 is unable to find a solution for an undetermined variable input, it will display an error message. This could happen if the equation is too complex or if there are multiple possible solutions for the variable.

Can I use the ti89 to solve for undetermined variable inputs in different mathematical fields?

Yes, the ti89 can solve for undetermined variable inputs in various mathematical fields, such as algebra, calculus, and statistics. It is a versatile calculator that can handle a wide range of mathematical functions and equations.