Unhinged -- Static Equilibrium for a Door

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
ErCeTe
Messages
4
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG


Homework Equations


Torque = r x F

The Attempt at a Solution


I expect the door to fall.
 
Attachments
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 864
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 918
Physics news on Phys.org
ErCeTe said:

Homework Statement


View attachment 214532 View attachment 214533

Homework Equations


Torque = r x F

The Attempt at a Solution


I expect the door to fall.
Welcome to the PF.
ErCeTe said:

The Attempt at a Solution


I expect the door to fall.
That is your full solution to all of those questions and drawings? I'm not expecting you to get full marks for that solution...
 
ErCeTe said:
No, that was for a) only.
Well, first of all it's not correct (insufficient explanation of the door motion). Second, part a) asks for you to draw a number of things. Try again? :smile: