Unit Conversion: How to Find Volts/kRPM for Motor Modeling with 245 RPM/Kv Value

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Blues_MTA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Unit Unit conversion
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 23K views
Blues_MTA
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
For a motor modeling project I am trying to find a value that is measured in Volts/kRPM (Voltage constant) , in the motor specs that I am given i have a value in RPM/Kv,

If the value for RPM/Kv given is 245, how can i find Volts/KRPM, or is that even possible

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I assume K means 103

so 245 rpm/kV = 0.245 rpm/V


So now dividing by 1000, 0.245(10-3)krpm/V.

Just invert now to get the units of V/krpm.
 
So, it would be 1/0.245(10^-3)?

That comes to 408, which is a ridiculously high voltage constant, or at least from what I've seen anyway
 
My guess is that your second value is in kRPM/V, not RPM/kV. Very few motors run on thousands of volts, so RPM/kV wouldn't make sense as a unit.