University of Nottingham Student: Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering?

• Thread starter Sowad
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is a Mechanical Engineering student at the University of Nottingham and is currently in their foundation year. They are interested in pursuing a career in Aviation and are considering applying to the University of Manchester for their Aerospace program. They are seeking suggestions on which university would provide better career opportunities and job security.
Sowad
What Should I Do ?

I'm a student of the University of Nottingham in MEng in Machenical Engineering. My first 2 years is in Machenical & Last 2 year is in Aerospace. Now I'm in foundation year, My course will start from this September. But I'm very Interested in Aviation that's why I want to apply to Manchester in Aerospace. But I can't understand which one can provide me a good Carrier & job sequrity.

Please mam give me some sugestions, What should I do.:confused:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

I have Writtrn 'Mam' mistakely Sorry for that, & I don't know how to edit...Please give me some sugestions about my Subject...

Related to University of Nottingham Student: Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering?

1. What is the difference between Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering?

While both disciplines deal with designing and building machines, Aerospace Engineering focuses specifically on aircraft and spacecraft, while Mechanical Engineering covers a broader range of machines and systems.

2. What are the job prospects for graduates with a degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from the University of Nottingham?

Both Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering are highly sought-after fields with a strong job market. Graduates from the University of Nottingham's programs have gone on to work for top companies in the aerospace and mechanical industries, such as Rolls-Royce, Airbus, and BAE Systems.

3. What opportunities are there for hands-on experience in these programs?

The University of Nottingham offers a variety of opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering. These include laboratory work, design and build projects, and industry placements.

4. Can students specialize in a specific area within Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, students in both programs have the opportunity to specialize in different areas based on their interests and career goals. Some examples of specializations include aerodynamics, propulsion, materials science, and robotics.

5. Are there any notable research projects or facilities related to Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nottingham?

The university has several research projects and facilities dedicated to Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, such as the Institute for Aerospace Technology, the Gas Turbine and Transmissions Research Centre, and the Centre for Additive Manufacturing.