1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Mechanical engineering or Aerospace engineer

1. Jun 28, 2017 #1
    I am a year one student who is going to promote to year 2 in September, and I am required to choose between Mechanical engineering or Aerospace engineer within these few days (i just received the urgent message...)

I believe I am better in memorization and language skill than mathematics [compared to most engineers ;)] however, I have not have any taste on both areas ever before...

I do not have special thoughts or interest on both discipline other than the curriculum (facts only...) like I have never knew what skills are more required in the area...

regarding career prospects, in my city hong kong, there are about four to five hundred of mechanical students while only 30 students of my uni are aerospace engineer each year. as my city have got limited career opportunities, i am not sure which has got a better prospect in both hong kong and global view.

anyone can give any advice to me???? i would appreciate any of your help!!!! thanks everyone~

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2017 #2
    Generally speaking, ME is much more broad than AeroE, and consequently there are more job opportunities most places for MEs. If in doubt, I recommend that you go the ME route. As an ME, you can still work in aerospace, if you want to and find the proper opportunity (I did work in aerospace with an ME background).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted