University recommendation in California for online BS math degree

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
12 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
@benorin , this is the kind of question that you should have posed long before the FAFSA deadline.

For starters, you do not state which universities within California you have applied to. How can strangers like us, who do not know you, provide any advice to you with so little information?

If I were you, I would call each of the universities that you have applied to and ask about the requirements you are looking for (offering fully online BS in math, accept transfer colleges from community college and UCSB from 15 years ago, etc.).
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff, Vanadium 50 and berkeman
You might also want to try posting on College Confidential.
 
Alas, the 16 hour deadline has passed.
 
So now onto a discussion of how to build a time machine.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and Vanadium 50
I'm thinking that it's time for the recriminations to start. "If it weren't for PF, I'd be going to college!"
 
in fact i think statguy gave an excellent, and timely, answer to an almost impossibly hopeless question. i'm certainly not laughing, ... ok, crying maybe. but mostly hopeful, that the op took statguy's advice.
 
I am too, but according to the timestamps, he posted it 9 minutes after the OP's last visit. 😥
 
Out of the public universities, they fall under two umbrellas.

UC and Calstates,

on average, UC's offer a better program, but have a lower acceptance than the Calstates. Classes are typically larger at the UC but once you get passed the intro analysis and intro algebra, classes become a bit smaller.

From the Calstates, CSULB, Cal Poly Pomona, and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo are hidden gems.
 
Vanadium 50 said:
I am too, but according to the timestamps, he posted it 9 minutes after the OP's last visit. 😥
But the timestamp applies only if you're logged in. It's possible that the OP logged off, but still viewed Reply #2 in time to act.
 
That's why I said I'm hopeful. Does it look good? Well, it would sure look better if the nine minutes were in the other direction, but it's not impossible.

A statement by the OP, "Thanks! I did read it on time." would also provide strong evidence in the positive direction. That's not something we have either,
 
MidgetDwarf said:
I also believe your Fafsa deadline is incorrect.
The state deadline for California was March 2.