Upload pictures to TI-89 Titanium

In summary, the conversation is about finding a way to upload and view graphs and images on a calculator. The suggestion of using StudyCards is deemed useless due to low quality. One suggestion is to input the raw data into the calculator and have it graph it itself. Another suggestion is to use a NOSTUB viewer or eSnips for storing and viewing the images.
Hebe
Hello!

I would really appreciate any help with this.

I have a lot of graphs etc that I made in excel, and stored as bitmap/jpeg files. I would like to upload these to the calc. It does not matter where, as long as I can retrieve them with some ease.

So far I have learned that I can use StudyCards to view the images, but the quality is so low this is useless.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Hebe said:
So far I have learned that I can use StudyCards to view the images, but the quality is so low this is useless.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The resolution of the calculator's screen is lacking, so you won't be able to get the bmp files to look good no matter how you slice it.

My suggestion would be to put the raw data from the graphs on the calculator, so it can graph them itself on-screen.

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is, these are figures made for my micro economics class.
And I draw them by freehand, lines and arrows go here and there :uhh:
No way I can figure out how to put this into the calc graph by myself.

So, then I guess I`m doomed...:cry:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/75/7517.html" : you can make big pictures and scroll around.

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/168/16893.html" : NOSTUB viewer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try eSnips (www.esnips.com)[/URL]. You can upload any type of file to eSnips and you can decide what you keep private and what you share with others. And you get 1GB free to store it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I upload pictures to my TI-89 Titanium calculator?

To upload pictures to your TI-89 Titanium calculator, you will need to use a software called "TI Connect" which can be downloaded for free from the Texas Instruments website. Once you have the software installed, connect your calculator to your computer using a USB cable and follow the instructions in the software to upload the pictures.

2. What file format do the pictures need to be in to be uploaded to the TI-89 Titanium calculator?

The pictures must be in the .jpg or .jpeg file format in order to be uploaded to the TI-89 Titanium calculator. Other file formats such as .png or .gif may not be compatible.

3. Can I upload multiple pictures at once to my TI-89 Titanium calculator?

Yes, you can upload multiple pictures at once to your TI-89 Titanium calculator using the "TI Connect" software. Simply select all the pictures you want to upload and follow the instructions in the software to transfer them to your calculator.

4. Will uploading pictures to my TI-89 Titanium calculator affect the performance of the calculator?

No, uploading pictures to your TI-89 Titanium calculator will not affect its performance as long as the pictures are within the storage capacity of the calculator. However, having a large number of pictures may use up some of the calculator's memory and could potentially slow it down.

5. Can I view the pictures on my TI-89 Titanium calculator once they are uploaded?

Yes, you can view the pictures on your TI-89 Titanium calculator once they are uploaded. The calculator has a built-in picture viewer that allows you to view and zoom in on the pictures. However, keep in mind that the calculator's screen resolution is limited, so the picture quality may not be as clear as it is on a computer or phone.