1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Urgent help with Questions regarding Gen. Physics

1. Nov 20, 2007 #1
    Okay i know that
    L = Iw and L = r x p
    I can use equation of motion to find W.and I=wrp2
    but how will that get me to the answer? i have tried everything and the answer i get everytime is 12 or 18.. Both of them are not one of the choices. I have a test tonight and have to go to work right before the test so if anyone of you can please help me.
    I would really appreciate it.

Another question i needed help with is

So what i thaught on this question was to take the earth's mass and diameter to be 1
    so the mass of venus would be
    Mass(venus)=0.0558xMass(earth)
    Mass(venus)/Mass(earth)=0.0558

is this the correct aproach? i got the right answer at the end and just want to know if i was doing it right?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2007 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

4. Nov 20, 2007 #3
    Are you sure that's VENUS? The numbers look suspiciously like the relative mass and diameter of MERCURY to me. Could be just a typical textbook typo. Just an observation, has no bearing on the info Astronuc already provided to solve the problem at hand.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?