1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Use a bubble chamber photo to find collision/decay particles

1. May 24, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Problem #13 on the attached picture (I can't retype a bubble diagram)
    526526.jpg

2. Relevant equations
    I honestly have no clue. I know I'm not supposed to say this because I'm supposed to read my textbook first, but this is not covered at all in my textbook, this is a unit my teacher added on to the curriculum, because she thought it would be cool. Furthermore, I was absent the day she taught this, and literally nobody I have asked for help understands how to do this either.

I do know that one person mentioned to me something about a left/right hand rule, to identify the direction of charges.

3. The attempt at a solution
    No idea how to start, please, help me lol. I know that there are supposed to be x's that signify something. I also know whenever the lines split, deviate, or curve, some sort of collision has occurred. I've been googling around, but nothing I've found makes any sense to me.

Context: I'm in high school, AP Physics 1, none of this is in my textbook, test is tomorrow, this is one of the practice problems my teacher gave me.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. May 24, 2016 #2
  4. May 24, 2016 #3
  5. May 25, 2016 #4

benorin

Homework Helper

Hi Erza it;s Harbinger. hehe just had to say Hi to my buddy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted