Use a graph to fine a number delta such that

• Thread starter afcwestwarrior
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Delta Graph
In summary, the conversation is about solving the inequality |\sqrt{4x+1}| < \frac{|x-2|}{2} < \delta and the confusion over the grouping symbols and absolute value signs. The original poster also mentions needing help with the absolute value of the square root of 4x+1. However, there is some confusion over the meaning of "2 is x and 3 is y, 3 goes to 3.5 and 2.5".
afcwestwarrior
/square rootsign 4x+1/ <.5 /X-2/ < delta

2 is x and 3 is y, 3 goes to 3.5 and 2.5, i need help with the absolute value of the square root sign 4x+1

Physics news on Phys.org
Is this what you want?

[tex]\sqrt{4x+1} < \frac{x-2}{2} < \delta[/tex]

O wait, last post I assumed the //'s were your grouping symbols. I think theyre absolulote value signs >.<

[tex]|\sqrt{4x+1}| < \frac{|x-2|}{2} < \delta[/tex]

I hope that's what you want.

This is the second time you have posted this. Thanks to Gib Z for writing out the formula (you forgot the second "|" on the square root). But I still have no idea what "2 is x and 3 is y, 3 goes to 3.5 and 2.5" could mean! 3 doesn't "go" anywhere- it just sits there! And there is no "y" in your expression.

To Halls- Look abit closer :p its there.

To OP- I still have no idea what it is you want.

i should write it exactly

What is a graph and how is it used in finding delta?

A graph is a visual representation of data or information, typically using lines or bars to show relationships between variables. In the context of finding delta, a graph can be used to plot the relationship between two variables and determine the value of delta, which represents the change in one variable in response to a change in the other.

Why is it important to find the value of delta?

Finding the value of delta is important in many scientific fields, such as physics, chemistry, and biology, as it allows us to understand the relationship between two variables and make predictions or calculations based on that relationship. It also helps us to identify patterns and trends in the data.

What factors influence the value of delta?

The value of delta can be influenced by a variety of factors, such as the initial values of the variables, the type of relationship between the variables (linear, exponential, etc.), and any external factors that may affect the variables. It is important to consider all these factors when using a graph to find the value of delta.

How does the shape of the graph affect the value of delta?

The shape of the graph can provide important information about the relationship between the variables and can also impact the value of delta. For example, a steep slope on the graph indicates a strong relationship between the variables and a larger value of delta, while a flatter slope suggests a weaker relationship and a smaller value of delta.

Are there any limitations to using a graph to find the value of delta?

While graphs can be a useful tool in finding the value of delta, there are some limitations to consider. For example, the accuracy of the data and the assumptions made in creating the graph can affect the accuracy of the delta value. It is important to use multiple data points and consider other factors when using a graph to find delta.