Using Line-In on Sound Card for Measurement/Analysis

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shawnzyoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Sound
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
Shawnzyoo
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
I have been reading up using the Line-in on my computers sound card and the pogram XOSCOPE to be able to do some various measurement/analyzing
But before I attempt to actually plug anything together i want to make sure I don't wreck my soundcard
I have found that some soundcards have the line-in listed at a voltage of 1.737 (peak) is this the standard for soundcards?
has anyone here have any experiences with this setup
successes/failures?
Thanks for any advice!
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Usually 2V peak-to-peak isn't a problem. It's almost assuredly going through an input transformer first anyway. It's hard to wreck it.

- Warren