Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Using nanotubes as stem cell straws

1. Dec 28, 2013 #1
    I'm interested in nanotubes, and buckyball combos. I imagine playing with the a buckyball toy, and a nanotube toy, similar to how I used to play with legos, and kinects. I think of the interesting things that buckyballs can do inside the system of a nanotube. The best creatively inspiring evaluation that I can give is what in english is called prepositions. For a simplified explanation, a preposition is what a squirrel can do to a mountain. A squirrel can go under a mountain, through a mountain, or past a mountain. A buckyball can be spun in a nanotube, a buckyball can be delivered in a nanotube, a buckyball can be launched in a nanotube, etc. Well this got me to thinking, what if we can use a nanotube, coated in another material (maybe bio-activated, or magnetic), as a straw like system to deliver stem cells, and other things. I'm sure a long nanotube could be used as a stimulating diode. A nanotube pathway gated at the outside of the body, can be utilized to deliver a stem cell. A simple nanotube can warp a stem cell, etc.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2013 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Is there a question in there somewhere or did you just feel the need to share your thoughts?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook