Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Delta2

Answers and Replies

andrewkirk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Yes that looks correct to me. I would put the limits of the inner integral the other way around - highest on the top - because the integral you gave will give you a negative number. But the size will be correct, and that's what really matters.

Yes that looks correct to me. I would put the limits of the inner integral the other way around - highest on the top - because the integral you gave will give you a negative number. But the size will be correct, and that's what really matters.
Ya, I changed the inner integral and tried to evaluate, seems hard to get a finite answer
1593830154785.png

haruspex
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
The slope of the coast is quite small, so it will be very close to ##\Delta(\pi r^2)##

Ya, I changed the inner integral and tried to evaluate, seems hard to get a finite answer
View attachment 265808
People are answering to you even when you have not posted in latex (that’s the spirit of PhysicsForums’ users) but as a friend believe me learning latex will help you in learning more and more from this forum. People will be able to answer you more instantly and willingly.

Hoping you’re in good health and safe.

Likes Delta2