Using The ESP8266 Wifi Module Mini

Hey guys, quick question on this module.The manual states
" 5V-3.3 converter onboard for operation from USB"

Does this mean that i can power the board straight from my computer without error from "overloading" the board.i ask this because alot of other modules such as these dont work like this.

cheers

Answers and Replies

rbelli1
Gold Member
Do you have a link to the exact board you are using?

BoB

rbelli1
Gold Member
You can power it from either an external 5V source or the USB connection. The onboard regulator and circuit will determine the exact details of the range of voltages that are acceptable.

You may or may not be permitted to run both the external 5V power and the USB at the same time. Can you post a high resolution photo of the side of the board opposite the wifi module? We may be able to give you an idea of more of the acceptable connection options.

BoB

You can power it from either an external 5V source or the USB connection. The onboard regulator and circuit will determine the exact details of the range of voltages that are acceptable.

You may or may not be permitted to run both the external 5V power and the USB at the same time. Can you post a high resolution photo of the side of the board opposite the wifi module? We may be able to give you an idea of more of the acceptable connection options.

BoB
not right now but is exactly as advertised there.

rbelli1
Gold Member
not right now but is exactly as advertised there.
The web site only has the module side. If we could see the other side it might help to get better answers.

BoB