1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Various Physics Practice Problems for Exam

1. Dec 13, 2015 #1
    Hello everyone,

I found various physics problems online randomly and looks like I can use it to help me study for tests and was wondering if you guys can provide a simple solution/explanation to it. It would be a great help, Thank you!

Conservation of Energy:

a. If Spring 2 can only compress by 2 meters, what mass must the bock have, given the setup depicted in diagram 1, to compress spring 2 by exactly that amount? Note: Assume that the block starts from rest

b. What is the block’s maximum velocity and when and where does it occur?
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    D1.PNG
    Work-Energy Theorem:
    a. What physical condition must be true for the Work-Energy Theorem to become a statement of Conservation of Energy?

b. Use your answer from part a) to derive a statement of Conservation of Energy from the Work-Energy Theorem.

c. Use your answer from part b) to demonstrate that energy is conserved by passing back and forth between Kinetic Energy and Potential Energy.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    3. Collisions:
    a. Determine m1 and v3, based on the initial and final conditions depicted in diagram 2...
    d2.PNG

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2015 #2
    Hi Charles, unfortunately we do not provide solutions here in PF, we merely aid you in arriving at a solution yourself. Have you tried these problems yet?

Perhaps post your attempts here and we'll help to critique your answers :D

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted