1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Verdet Constant of SF59 Glass

1. Apr 14, 2016 #1
    Hello all, I am in desperate need of some help. I'm writing my last paper for my senior capstone in physics (:smile::smile::smile:) and my experiment is Faraday Rotation. I CANNOT find a reference for the Verdet Constant of SF59 glass at 650nm (found V for many other wavelengths). I have searched for hours and hours, checked through 4 different CRC handbooks, and can't find a source to cite. Now, dozens of papers online have said that the Verdet Constant for SF59 is 23rad/Tm, but no actual sources. Please, if you have a link to a credible source (CRC, NIST, etc.) with that information it would be much appreciated.

Not sure if this is the right place, but I thought here was better than the Quantum section since I'm not asking about anything rather just a constant. If it's in the wrong spot, let me know.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2016 #2

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted