1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Verification of the kinematics relationship

1. Nov 29, 2005 #1
    hi, well weve just been given a coursework title of " Investigating how the distance travelled by a ball bearing rolling down a slope affects the time taken" and all ive done so far is come up with a table of results i.e distance and tame taken??
    and i was wondering what the best way to go about investigating things furthur is. im guesing im gonnna have to work out the velocity first then go from there!!!
    any help is good help thank you

by the way this is A.S physics!!

Thank you very much

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2005 #2

Homework Helper

This investigation is verification of the kinematics relationship:

[tex]d = \frac{1}{2}at^2[/tex]

Take an ramp distance and start timing how long it takes the ball to roll down . Increase or decrease the distance accordingly (don't decrease it so much that you barely have time to time). Also explore the effects of changing the slope of the ramp.
  4. Nov 30, 2005 #3
    we have just been given the results, we are not allowed to do any more experiments as such, so we know have to work out just theory stuff if you get what i mean.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?