Visual studio 2015 components downloading problem

In summary, the conversation discusses issues with downloading components for Visual Studio 15 due to slow internet speeds. The suggestion is made to connect to the internet via an ethernet cable for faster and more reliable downloads. It is also mentioned that in Iran, internet speeds around 20 kb/s are common, making it difficult to download larger files.
AliGh
Hi
I downloaded visual studio 15 and as i saw some of its components need to be installed
I tried to install them but it seems that its not compatible with my internet download (20kb/s download breaks after few minutes)
So is there any way i can download them from microsoft and install them offline ?

Technology news on Phys.org
AliGh said:
Hi
I downloaded visual studio 15 and as i saw some of its components need to be installed
I tried to install them but it seems that its not compatible with my internet download (20kb/s download breaks after few minutes)
So is there any way i can download them from microsoft and install them offline ?
20 kb/s seems very slow, especially since these files can be multiple gigabytes. One of the VS 2013 files was nearly 3 GB in size.

How is your computer connected to the internet? If by WiFi, I have noticed that my wireless router sometimes corrupts larger files during downloads. What works for me is to connect an ethernet cable from the router to the ethernet port in my computer. Having a hard wire connection to the router eliminates the files being corrupted, and really speeds up the downloads.

Mark44 said:
20 kb/s seems very slow, especially since these files can be multiple gigabytes. One of the VS 2013 files was nearly 3 GB in size.

How is your computer connected to the internet? If by WiFi, I have noticed that my wireless router sometimes corrupts larger files during downloads. What works for me is to connect an ethernet cable from the router to the ethernet port in my computer. Having a hard wire connection to the router eliminates the files being corrupted, and really speeds up the downloads.
This is Iran ... having a speed around 20kb/s is very common

So the 3 GB file that Mark44 mentioned would probably take you about 36 hours to download.

I have an 80 kB/s connection at home, and it takes me about 3 hours to download 1 GB. (Yes, that's very slow for the USA. I haven't bothered to upgrade yet because I can download big stuff at work. :oldwink:)

1. Why am I having trouble downloading components in Visual Studio 2015?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a slow internet connection, server issues, or conflicts with other software on your computer. It is also possible that your Visual Studio installation is corrupted or outdated.

2. How can I troubleshoot the downloading problem in Visual Studio 2015?

First, check your internet connection and make sure it is stable. Then, try restarting Visual Studio and your computer. If the issue persists, try repairing your Visual Studio installation or updating it to the latest version. You can also try disabling any antivirus or firewall software that may be blocking the download.

3. Can I download individual components in Visual Studio 2015?

Yes, you can choose which components to download during the installation process. You can also add or remove components later by going to the "Modify" option in the Visual Studio installer.

4. How long does it take to download components in Visual Studio 2015?

The time it takes to download components in Visual Studio 2015 can vary depending on your internet speed and the size of the components. Some components may only take a few minutes to download, while others may take longer.

5. What should I do if the downloading problem persists?

If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Visual Studio 2015. You can also reach out to Microsoft support for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific troubleshooting steps or identify any underlying issues with your system.