Want to become an electrical engineer but have a few questions about hiring

• Engineering
  • Thread starter lsu1993
  • Start date
I enjoy computer gadgets like smart phones, ipods, computers etc. I would like to be part of the team that helps to design these devices, so i guess that would fall under a hardware design job title? also whats a good company to start at after college for this type of thing? i have found out that it is extremely hard to get hired at places like apple, microsoft, etc. all the jobs i have seen have been related to the oil industry which im not interested in. where should i look?

I appreciate your advice!

Answers and Replies

Where are you in your education / career? It's hard to answer your question without knowing any of your background. Apple and Microsoft would be perfectly good places to start for EE, and plenty of other companies also build or design electronics and software.

Lots of places need electrical engineers. Just look around you; our world is electrical. You need to widen your scope. There's a bunch of manufacturers that do R&D for designing smart phones, music players, chips on motherboards, audio devices, etc.