Wavelengths of different colour of light

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
s0610038
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Hey guys
Today I've done an experiment and I found that when different color of light from the same light source (put of different color filter on the same light source) shine on a beaker of water, the temperature of the water will rise.

And different light will rise the temp of water in different rate. Such as red light will rise the temperature higher than the blue light, but here is the question

May I know that the wavelength of different colur of light?
Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Look up visible light on wikipedia. It should give you approximate ranges for each color.
 
Andy Resnick said:
http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/cosmic_classroom/classroom_activities/herschel_bio.html

Thanks for the link andy! It was interesting!
 
Well the use infra red for heating stuff don't they.
The longer waves seem to work best.