Weight of a lion standing on th earth

  • Thread starter Thread starter tim_mannire
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Earth Weight
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
tim_mannire
Messages
14
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement




Find the weight of a 8.00 x 10^1 Kg lion standing on the surface of the earth.

Homework Equations



??

The Attempt at a Solution



??
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You need to show some work before we can help you here at PF. What quantity have you been given? How does this relate to weight?
 
cristo said:
You need to show some work before we can help you here at PF. What quantity have you been given? How does this relate to weight?

oh ok, I'm not really sure how to tackle this question..
 
tim_mannire said:
oh ok, I'm not really sure how to tackle this question..

Ok, well can you answer my questions above? What is the quantity that you have been given? How does this relate to the weight of the lion?
 


cristo said:
Ok, well can you answer my questions above? What is the quantity that you have been given? How does this relate to the weight of the lion?

All I've been given is the question. I believe there is only one lion.
 


tim_mannire said:
All I've been given is the question. I believe there is only one lion.

Hmm.. I see I've confused you. Let's try another angle:

What have you been told about the lion? What property of the lion do you know? HOw does this property relate to the lion's weight?
 
It would also help if you remembered what the unit for weight is, which is related to Newton's second law.